Northeast Legal Aid seeks a Supervisory Attorney to supervise and direct the work of its Family Law Unit. Responsibilities and Qualifications listed below. Please send a resume and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Equal Opportunity Employer.
1. Supervises and directs the work of staff members in the Family Law Unit.
2. Prepares annual written evaluations of Family Law staff attorneys and paralegals.
3. Undertakes regular case and caseload reviews with members of Family Law Unit.
4. Assigns cases to Family Law Unit members.
5. Oversees the development of Family Law Unit priorities and work plans.
6. Oversees Family Law Unit meetings.
7. Ensures Family Law Unit has access to appropriate research and technological tools.
8. Prepares grant reports and grant applications regarding Family Law Unit matters.
9. Participates in hiring and disciplinary decisions for Family Law Unit members.
10. Mentors/co-counsels cases with staff attorneys as appropriate.
11. Ensures Family Law Unit members are adequately trained.
12. Seeks to enhance participation of private pro bono lawyers in Family Law Unit endeavors through trainings, clinics, helplines and other activities.
13. Keeps apprised of legislative and case law developments in family law and communicates these developments to members of the Family Law Unit.
14. May maintain a limited caseload of family law cases including particularly complex cases.
15. Performs other managerial duties as assigned.
1. Minimum five years family law experience.
2. Licensed as an attorney in the Commonwealth or eligible for prompt admission by waiver.
3. Experience assisting survivors of domestic violence, supervisory experience or experience in legal aid or public interest work helpful.
4. Bilingual abilities (Spanish-English or Khmer-English) helpful