Accounting Specialist – VRLC
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Location: Remote (eligible in CO, CT, GA, MA, MD, OR, PA, or RI)
The Victim Rights Law Center (VRLC) is a nonprofit law center that provides free legal representation to victims of sexual assault throughout Massachusetts and Oregon, and national training and support for lawyers, campus professionals and advocates on the civil legal needs of rape and sexual assault victims. The VRLC’s mission is to provide legal representation to victims of rape and sexual assault to help rebuild their lives; and to promote a national movement committed to seeking justice for every rape and sexual assault victim.
All applicants must align themselves with the VRLC’s mission statement and philosophy regarding our commitment to transforming the response to sexual violence through survivor-led legal practice that centers the needs and experiences of survivors experiencing oppression. This position will be filled by a candidate with a strong work ethic, a passion for mission-driven work, and a commitment to addressing the needs of marginalized communities. The VRLC deeply values including a diversity of voices and perspectives on our team. People of color, LGBTQI+ individuals, survivors, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. For assistance, contact email@example.com.
The Accounting Specialist will join our Finance Director and Finance Manager on a dynamic team motivated by contributing to an organization at the forefront of the national sexual violence movement. The Accounting Specialist will support our full accounts payable cycle, cash receipts entry, and payroll for our nationwide team of attorneys and administrators. The VRLC has physical offices in MA and OR. This position is remote. All VRLC employees are encouraged to engage in our ongoing diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
- Process timely and accurate accounts payable, credit card reconciliation, and cash receipts, including all accounts receivable and earned income billing.
- Assist Finance Manager and Finance Director with all state and federal grant billings including billing backup, reporting, and compliance.
- Maintain all finance and accounting files.
- Assist Finance Manager with monthly close process and budget preparation/modifications as needed.
- Provide audit preparation support as requested.
- Provide coverage, as needed, for accurate and timely payroll processing and benefits enrollment/updates and PTO tracking.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years hands-on accounting experience in a non-profit setting
- High skill level with QuickBooks and Excel
- This position is eligible for remote employees located in the states where the VRLC conducts operations – CO, CT, GA, MA, MD, OR, PA, or RI
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with state or federal grants
$45,000 – $55,000, depending on experience.
- 19 paid vacation days
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Generous sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan with employer match
- Organization-sponsored life insurance
- A fun, caring, and innovative work environment
TO APPLY: To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with both your last name and “Finance” as the subject of your email. Applications that do not contain all required items will not be considered. No phone calls, please.