https://mlac.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/GBLS-logo-1.png 307 307 mlac https://mlac.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/MLAC.svg mlac2022-12-19 12:33:492022-12-19 12:33:51Administrative Assistant, Administration Unit – GBLS
Administrative Assistant, Administration Unit – GBLS
Greater Boston Legal Services (GBLS) is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Accessible Employer and strives to ensure that our staff members reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Greater Boston Legal Services (GBLS) seeks a qualified candidate to fill an Administrative Assistant position whose primary responsibility will be to support the Executive Director.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the Executive Director and other members of the Senior Management team.
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors and its Committees
- Prepare and distribute meeting agendas and materials.
- Send calendar invitations and meeting reminders.
- Attend meetings and prepare minutes.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for Board members attending events.
- Coordinate logistical issues for agency-wide meetings, retreats, and training events.
- Perform clerical and administrative tasks, including drafting letters, memos, invoices, reports, and other documents.
- Answer and direct unit calls to the appropriate staff members.
- Maintain contact lists and other records for the Administration Unit.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in providing administrative support to a member of the executive team, preferably in a legal or non-profit organization.
- Proven experience in organizational skills with an exemplary professional and positive attitude.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment with excellent time management skills in dealing multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Having good judgment in interpersonal skills and in managing confidential records.
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new or updated software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to handle phone calls and communicate professionally and sensitively with people from all ethnic groups and social backgrounds.
Salary & Benefits
- Starting salary range is $52,000 to $60,000 based on experience.
- GBLS offers a generous benefits package, including low-cost health insurance, retirement contribution, and paid time off.
How to Apply
- Candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to the Human Resources Team via email at email@example.com. Please refer to Job Code: ADMIN-ASST when applying for this position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but applicants are encouraged to submit applications by January 8, 2023.
GBLS values diversity and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds and experiences.