De Novo is community-based agency that provides free legal services and affordable mental health counseling for low-income people throughout the Greater Boston/Cambridge area. De Novo strives to create a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and safe work environment that welcomes, encourages, and values everyone’s contributions and fosters an exchange of ideas and mutual learning.
- Answer phones; screen callers for eligibility for the Center’s legal services and enter necessary intake information into LegalServer and relay messages to staff and volunteers;
- Refer callers to other service providers and keep track of referrals;
- Greet clients and other visitors;
- Collect and record counseling client fees;
- Prepare, file and retrieve counseling clients’ folders; keep files of administrative and counseling forms;
- Schedule room use;
- Maintain computerized client data base; compile data and prepare reports as requested;
- Provide interpretation services in emergency situations.
- Order office supplies; keep supplies areas organized;
- Oversee postal needs including opening and sorting incoming mail and processing outgoing mail;
- Processing donations including keeping a daily log of all incoming checks and donations;
- Maintain office equipment (copier, fax, printer, refrigerator etc.) and assist volunteers and staff with office equipment;
- Keep the reception area neat and organized;
- Provide support to the Accountant, Development Director, Deputy Director and Executive Director, as requested;
- Perform additional tasks for the smooth functioning of the office as needed.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required. Additional language skills a plus.
- Experience as a receptionist, office manager, or work in a fast-paced office environment.
- Ability to multi-task is essential. Must be available to open office at 8:50 a.m. daily
- Experience with computers including: Microsoft Word, Excel, data entry and SharePoint
- Sensitivity to people experiencing emotional distress.
- Experience working with people with low incomes, from diverse backgrounds, and with limited English proficiency.
Hours: 8:50 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. – 35 hours per week (4 days onsite 1 day remote)
SALARY/BENEFITS: The position is 35 hours/week. Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent fringe benefit package, including health, life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance, vacation, personal, and sick time, 403(b) plan, Flexible Spending Plan, training and professional development opportunities.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to: John Froio, Deputy Director: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be considered on a rolling basis. No phone inquiries, please.
De Novo is a Fair Employment Practices/Equal Employment Opportunity/disability accessible employer committed to maintaining a diverse workplace. Qualified candidates from diverse personal, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.