Greater Boston Legal Services (GBLS) is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Accessible Employer and strives to ensure that our staff members reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Greater Boston Legal Services (GBLS) seeks a qualified candidate to fill an Administrative Assistant position whose primary responsibility will be to support the Senior Management Team and the Board of Directors.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the Senior Management Team and the Executive Director.
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors and its Committees
- Prepare and distribute meeting agendas and materials.
- Send calendar invitations and meeting reminders.
- Attend meetings and prepare minutes.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for members of the Senior Management Team and the Board of Directors in work-related events.
- Coordinate logistical issues for agency-wide calendar, meetings, retreats, and training events.
- Perform clerical and administrative tasks, including preparing meeting minutes, letters, memos, invoices, reports, staff timesheets, contracts, and other payroll and financial documents.
- Answer and direct unit calls to the appropriate staff members.
- Maintain agency-wide Outlook and Teams calendar, contact lists and other records for the Administration Unit.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for special projects and/or administration events.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in providing administrative support to a member of the executive team, preferably in a legal or non-profit organization.
- Proven experience in organizational skills with an exemplary professional and positive attitude.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment with excellent time management skills in dealing multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Having good judgment in interpersonal skills and in managing confidential records.
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new or updated software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to handle phone calls and communicate professionally and sensitively with people from all ethnic groups and social backgrounds.
Salary & Benefits:
- Starting salary range is $52,000 to $60,000 based on experience.
- GBLS offers a generous benefits package, including low-cost health insurance, retirement contribution, and paid time off.
How to Apply:
- Candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to the Human Resources Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to Job Code: ADMIN-ASST when applying for this position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but applicants are encouraged to submit applications by August 31, 2023.
GBLS values diversity and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds and experiences.