De Novo is a dynamic values-driven agency that provides free civil legal assistance and affordable mental health counseling to low-income people throughout the Greater Boston area. De Novo strives to create a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and safe work environment that welcomes, encourages, and values everyone’s contributions, and fosters an exchange of ideas and mutual learning.
De Novo seeks an Administrative Coordinator to provide a wide variety of administrative assistance in support of the organization’s development and human resources activities. This is a full-time 35 hours per week position.
The Administrative Coordinator will report directly to the Development Director, work closely with the Executive and Deputy Directors, and collaborate with other staff and volunteers as assigned.
- Assist with regular data reporting and invoicing for a growing portfolio of government grants and contracts.
- Help design and coordinate production and distribution of the semiannual newsletter, annual fund campaigns, annual report, agency pamphlets, event materials, and Constant Contact communications.
- Assist with donor database entry, gift processing, and acknowledgements.
- Prepare detailed progress and final written reports to funders, including the gathering and submission of client data, board and staff lists, financial information, and budgets.
- Assist in the writing and editing of funding requests, such as letters of inquiry, concept
papers, and grant applications, in close partnership with the Development Director.
- Help maintain office technology, troubleshoot technology hardware issues, and respond to staff technology-related questions.
- Train, supervise, and collaborate with administrative volunteers; identify ways to leverage volunteer support to achieve position goals.
- Assist in additional projects as needed, including but not limited to, updating De Novo’s website and social media pages, preparing presentations, and supporting events such as the annual Volunteer Appreciation Event.
- Administer health, life, disability, and dental insurance, 403(b) plan, and Flexible Spending Plan, including planning for and processing all open enrollment documentation.
- Provide orientation to new staff on benefits package and process exit documentation including but not limited to COBRA paperwork.
- Create and maintain employee personnel files.
- Respond to and handle human resources and benefits-related questions and communications when appropriate.
- Manage recruitment postings.
- Provide front desk coverage and support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years related experience or the equivalent combination of experience and education
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Able to work with little supervision and also function well as a team member
- High level of computing proficiency with interest in developing new skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Willingness and availability to work occasional weekends or evenings
- Strong commitment to De Novo’s mission and values
Hours and Compensation: This is a 35 hours/week position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent fringe benefit package, including health, life, short-term disability and longterm disability insurance, vacation, personal, and sick time, 403(b) plan, Flexible Spending Plan, and training and professional development opportunities.
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume to Amanda Becker, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Resume-Administrative Coordinator position”.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
De Novo is a Fair Employment Practices/Equal Employment Opportunity/disability accessible employer committed to maintaining a diverse workplace. Qualified candidates from diverse personal, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds are encouraged.