De Novo is a community-based agency that provides free legal services and affordable mental health counseling to low-income people throughout the Greater Boston area. De Novo strives to create a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and safe work environment that welcomes, encourages, and values everyone’s contributions and fosters an exchange of ideas and mutual learning.
De Novo seeks a full-time social worker to work in its Program for Global Human Rights and Resilience. S/he will report to the Clinical Director.
- Provide individual and group psychotherapy and casework services to refugee and immigrant victims of crime.
- Perform assessments, triage, and provide referrals for trauma survivors, including survivors of torture.
- Conduct psychological evaluations for asylum and other immigration matters and testify in court as needed.
- Ensure that clients are aware of available services including victim compensation.
- Consult with legal staff about mental health issues of the Center’s immigrant legal clients.
- Conduct outreach to community agencies and individuals.
- Assist with data collection and reporting.
- Provide backup and assistance to the Clinical Director.
- LCSW/LICSW eligibility in Massachusetts.
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) required.
- Experience as a social worker with people with low income and with people from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Experience with case management, diagnosis, and psychotherapy.
- Ability to lead, motivate, encourage and work collaboratively with volunteer mental health professionals and agency staff.
- Ability to provide case consultation to social work students and volunteer mental health professionals.
- Competence in areas of mental illness, substance abuse, psychological trauma, cultural sensitivity and domestic violence.
- Possess familiarity with local agencies and service providers.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
Hours and Compensation: The position is 35 hours/week. Salary range is $58,000 – $70,000 dependent on licensure and experience. Excellent fringe benefit package, including health, life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance, vacation, personal, and sick time, 403(b) plan, Flexible Spending Plan, training and professional development opportunities.
To Apply: Applicants should submit 1) a cover letter addressing experience and interests relevant to the position, and 2) a resume, by email to Lauren Shebairo, Clinical Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply early as applications will be considered on a rolling basis.