POSITION: Bilingual Intake Coordinator
DAYS/HOURS: Mon – Fri, 8:30 AM- 4:30 PM with one unpaid hour for lunch
REPORTS TO: Chris Neighbours, Call Center Manager
UNIT: Eastern Region Legal Intake (ERLI) of the Volunteer Lawyers Project
LOCATION: Remote (Massachusetts)
Salary: $22.64 per hour
This position requires fluency in English and Spanish. Please be advised that selected candidates will be required to take a Spanish Language Proficiency exam.
This application will remain open until the position has been filled.
Eastern Region Legal Intake (ERLI) is a project of VLP that provides callers with information, legal advice, and referrals; screens clients for legal aid eligibility; and conducts intakes in legal aid priority cases. ERLI receives nearly 15,000 calls annually from low-income Massachusetts residents seeking legal assistance. Without the services ERLI and its staff, many of these residents may go without assistance.
ERLI is seeking a highly organized bilingual intake coordinator to provide administrative program support and to coordinate our public online intake portal. The bilingual intake coordinator will receive ongoing training in standard operating procedures, data entry and intake case management training.
This is a permanent, full-time staff position at ERLI. Candidate must reside in Massachusetts and must have access to a secure internet connection.
- High school diploma; GED equivalent
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- At least 1 year of office administrative experience
- At least 1 year of customer service experience or telephone customer service experience
- At least 1 year of data entry and/or intake-related experience
- Knowledge of MA laws surrounding Housing, Family Law, Benefits and Consumer
- Prior intake experience
- Prior experience working in legal aid, the court system or a law office that handles civil cases in serving low-income populations.
REQUIRED MENTAL ABILITIES/SKILLS:
- Ability to simultaneously manage and execute multiple administrative tasks
- High level of responsiveness to urgent and time sensitive matters, as well as ability to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including strong data entry and typing skills
- Ability to learn and retain information quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to excel working independently and within a team
- Ability to learn and navigate computer, case management, software, and phone systems
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to various client situations and changes in program procedures
- Ability to manage stress and identify self-care as needed
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to analyze and problem solve quickly
REQUIRED PHYSICAL ABILITIES/SKILLS:
- Strong ability to navigate computer, software, internet, and phone systems
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate over the phone and email
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Coordinating all administrative duties of the Call Center including but not limited to: scheduling, faxing, managing multiple calendars, preparing training materials, mailing/emailing client materials, transcribing meeting minutes
- Assigning and completing daily public online intakes and callback lists from various partners
- Providing coverage on call center queue as needed; apply legal training to client’s case facts and provide accurate information, referral, or legal advice under the supervision of the manager and supervising attorney
- Handling and monitoring tech requests from staff
- Responding to client voicemails and emails
- General administrative work such as data gathering, file maintenance, reporting, case management
- Other duties as determined by Program needs
Volunteer Lawyers Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer
VLP is committed to a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, genetics, disability, age, military or veteran status.