De Novo is a dynamic values-driven agency that provides affordable mental health counseling and free legal services for low-income people throughout the Greater Boston area. De Novo strives to create a diverse, equitable, inclusive and safe work environment that welcomes, encourages, and values everyone’s contributions, and fosters an exchange of ideas and mutual learning.
De Novo is establishing a partnership with MetroWest Legal Services to increase access to interdisciplinary legal, mental health, and social work services. This position will be based at MetroWest Legal Services two days per week.
De Novo seeks a Clinical Social Worker who will report to the Clinical Director.
- Collaborate with attorneys and paralegals at MetroWest Legal Services to provide a range of social work services.
- Provide trauma-informed, culturally responsive individual and group psychotherapy and casework services to a wide range of adult clients.
- Perform assessments, triage, and provide referrals to community resources.
- Provide consultation to legal staff about mental health issues affecting legal clients with a history of trauma.
- Conduct psychological evaluations for asylum and other immigration matters and testify in immigration court, as needed.
- Conduct community outreach and training.
- Assist with data collection and reporting.
- LCSW/LICSW or LICSW eligible.
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese highly desirable.
- Experience as a social worker with people with low income and with people from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Experience with case management, diagnosis, and psychotherapy.
- Ability to lead, motivate, encourage and work collaboratively with volunteer mental health professionals and agency staff.
- Ability to provide case consultation to social work students and volunteer mental health professionals.
- Competence in areas of mental illness, substance abuse, psychological trauma, cultural sensitivity and domestic violence.
- Possess familiarity with local agencies and service providers.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
HOURS, SALARY, AND BENEFITS: The position is 35 hours/week. Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent fringe benefit package, including health, life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance, vacation, personal, and sick time, 403(b) plan, Flexible Spending Plan, training and professional development opportunities.
To Apply: Applicants should submit 1) a cover letter addressing experience and interests relevant to the position, and 2) a resume, by email to Lauren Shebairo, Clinical Director: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
For more information about De Novo refer to our website: www.denovo.org.
De Novo is a Fair Employment Practices/Equal Employment Opportunity/disability accessible employer committed to maintaining a diverse workplace. Qualified candidates from diverse personal, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.