The Development Assistant provides a wide variety of writing and administrative assistance in support of the organization’s development activities. This individual is a first line of communication and needs to be able to interact with aplomb with donors, volunteers, board members, senior management and colleagues at all levels.
The Development Assistant will report directly to the Development Director, work closely with the Executive Director, and collaborate with other staff as assigned. This position is ideal for a self-motivated, collaborative individual with excellent communication skills and 1-2 years post-college work experience, preferably in a development office of a nonprofit organization.
This is a part-time 21 hour per week position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package included.
– Create dynamic and engaging copy for De Novo’s website, blog and social media pages
– Assist in the writing and editing of funding requests, such as letters of inquiry, concept papers and grant applications, in close partnership with the Development Director
– Prepare detailed progress and final written reports to funders, including the gathering and submission of client data, board and staff lists, financial information and budgets
– Manage production of the biannual newsletter, annual report and event materials (i.e. collect content, assist with layout/design, facilitate internal approval process and communicate with vendors)
– Assist with gift entry and processing as needed
– Assist the Development Director in maintaining accurate DonorPerfect database records
– Assist on special projects as needed, including but not limited to, help to prepare key presentations, and support major events, such as the annual Volunteer Appreciation Event
– Train, supervise and collaborate with administrative volunteers; identify ways to leverage volunteer support to achieve position goals
– Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years related experience or the equivalent combination of experience and education
– Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with the ability to translate complex topics into well-crafted, digestible content for a wide array of audiences
– Strong organization, time management and attention to detail
– Able to work with little supervision and also function well as a team member
– High level of computing proficiency with interest in developing new skills
– Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
– Willingness and availability to work occasional weekends or evenings
– Strong commitment to De Novo’s mission and values
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume to Amanda Becker, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Resume-Development Assistant position”. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
De Novo is a Fair Employment Practices/Equal Employment Opportunity/disability accessible employer committed to maintaining a diverse workplace. Qualified candidates from diverse personal, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds are encouraged.