De Novo is a dynamic values-driven agency that provides free civil legal assistance and affordable mental health counseling to low-income people throughout the Cambridge/Greater Boston area. De Novo strives to create a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and safe work environment that welcomes, encourages, and values everyone’s contributions, and fosters an exchange of ideas and mutual learning. We strongly encourage qualified candidates from diverse personal, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds to apply.
De Novo seeks a Development Coordinator to provide a wide range of fundraising, event planning, marketing, and communications activities. This is a full-time 35 hours per week position.
The Development Coordinator will report directly to the Development Director, work closely with the Executive and Deputy Directors, and collaborate widely with other De Novo staff and volunteers.
- Assist in the writing and editing of funding requests, such as letters of inquiry, concept papers, and grant applications, in close partnership with the Development Director.
- Prepare detailed progress and final written reports to funders, and maintain supporting documents such as board lists, staff bios, financial information, and budgets.
- Help write, design and coordinate production and distribution of the semiannual newsletter, annual fund campaigns, agency pamphlets, event materials, and Constant Contact communications.
- Create regular content for De Novo’s social media, website, and blog.
- Assist with donor database entry, gift processing, and acknowledgements.
- Assist on special projects as needed, including but not limited to, facilitating trainings and presentations, attending tabling and outreach events, and supporting major events, such as the annual Volunteer Appreciation Event.
- Train, supervise, and collaborate with administrative volunteers; identify ways to leverage volunteer support to achieve position goals.
- Provide occasional front desk coverage and other administrative support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years related experience or the equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Excellent written communication skills; ability to write well-structured, articulate, and persuasive content for a wide array of audiences.
- Strong time management, organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple assignments and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision and also function well as a team member.
- High level of computing proficiency with interest in developing new skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- A strong commitment to De Novo’s vision, mission and values.
- Willingness and availability to work occasional weekends or evenings.
Hours and Compensation: This is a 35 hours/week position with hybrid work schedule. Salary range is $58,000 – $64,000 dependent on experience. Excellent fringe benefit package, including 100% employer paid health insurance for employees and families, life, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance, vacation, personal, and sick time, 403(b) plan, Flexible Spending Plan, and training and professional development opportunities.
To Apply: Applicants should submit 1) a cover letter addressing experience and interests relevant to the position, and 2) a resume, by email to Amanda Becker, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
De Novo is a Fair Employment Practices/Equal Employment Opportunity/disability accessible employer committed to maintaining a diverse workplace. Qualified candidates from diverse personal, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.