Fast paced Legal Services office seeks a Development Manager. Working in collaboration with the Executive Director and its Board of Directors, the Development Manager will have primary responsibility for creating and driving all development and annual fundraising plans, developing a donor cultivation strategy including fundraising, cultivation, stewardship and a special events calendar; and working with the Executive Director to identify and expand a diverse grant portfolio.
– Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree helpful
– 3-5 years’ of proven experience and knowledge in the development field with: Annual giving programs including new donor development, renewals, stewardship; Planning and executing Special Events; Grant-writing and prospecting for grant opportunities; and Recruitment, training and motivation of leadership volunteers.
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Ability to work cooperatively with and under the direction of the Executive Director
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Experience with website and social media platforms
– Ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
– Strong organizational, time management skills, able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
– Ability to work independently without close oversight
– Excellent team player open to working in a fluid, fast paced environment
– Commitment to MWLS mission
– Able to work some evenings and/or weekends during special events and major campaigns
Salary & Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance; 403(b) plan; LTD and life insurance; generous time off; and training and professional development opportunities.
To apply: Please send cover letter including salary requirements and resume to email@example.com or by regular mail to MetroWest Legal Services, 63 Fountain Street, Suite 304, Framingham, MA 01702.
Application deadline: January 11, 2019.
MetroWest Legal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer