Development Manager or Development Coordinator – VRLC
Title: Development Manager or Development Coordinator
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Hybrid, based in Boston, MA
The Victim Rights Law Center (VRLC) is a nonprofit law center that provides free legal representation to victims of rape and sexual assault throughout Massachusetts and in Oregon and national training and support for lawyers and advocates on the civil legal needs of rape and sexual assault victims. The VRLC’s mission is to provide legal representation to survivors of sexual violence to help rebuild their lives; and to promote a national movement committed to seeking justice for every rape and sexual assault victim. All applicants must agree with the VRLC’s mission and philosophy regarding our commitment to improving the response to sexual violence, empowerment, and inclusiveness. This position will be filled by a candidate with a strong work ethic, a passion for mission-driven work, and a commitment to addressing the needs of marginalized communities. The VRLC deeply values diverse voices and perspectives on our team. People of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. The VRLC will gladly assist applicants in need of accommodation. For assistance, contact email@example.com.
This position supports the Development Team, including the Director of Development and the Executive Director in all fundraising initiatives, with a focus on special events and major donor pipeline, and includes overseeing the database.
Special Events (35%):
- Oversee the planning and execution of small-scale fundraising events and external facing initiatives, such as Sip & Shops, friendraisers, and donor-hosted parties.
- Organize and project manage a series of events in April for Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
- Support the Annual Shining Star Gala in the fall.
- Manage in-kind donation requests.
- Manage select vendor relationships.
- Oversee volunteer communications and day-of training.
Moves Management (35%):
- Conduct prosect research and prepare donor prospectus for internal use.
- Track and monitor donor and prospect movement to inform Team on next steps for follow-up and cultivation, where necessary.
- Pull donor pipeline reports and help lead Moves Management meetings.
- Oversee and manage donor database (eTapestry, a Blackbaud product), including gift entry, constituent updates, donor tracking (Moves Management), and perform routine database cleanup.
- Create queries, reports, and mailing lists for campaigns, direct appeals, events, donations, and giving comparisons.
- Prepare donor acknowledgment letters and assist with mass mail projects.
- Assist in researching potential grants with light grant writing.
- Draft donor acknowledgements and donor communications.
•2-4 years of development/fundraising experience.
•1-2 years of experience using a fundraising CRM.
•Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•Ability to problem-solve, take initiative, exercise sound judgment, and workboth independently and as a team player.
•Ability to multitask, while prioritizing projects and managing tight deadlines.
•Ability to complete assignments and responsibilities accurately, efficiently, and in atimely manner.
•Ability to interact professionally and effectively with staff, supervisors, and donors.
•Experience working with vulnerable populations preferred; experience working withsurvivors of sexual violence is especially valued.
$50,000-$65,000, Development Manager, two or more years of experience,
$53,000-$65,000Development Coordinator, up to 2 years of experience, $50,000-$55,000
•19 paid vacation days
•12 paid holidays per year
•Generous sick time
•Paid parental leave
•Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
•403b Retirement Plan with employer match
•Organization-sponsored life insurance
•A fun, caring, and innovative work environment
VRLC has a Hybrid Work Policy. “Hybrid Work” is a flexible workplace model that is supportive and inclusive of employees fulfilling their job responsibilities in-office, remotely, or at another location (partner agency) for all or part of their regularly scheduled work hours. Employees have a choice in selecting a working environment that helps them be most productive while meeting the needs of the VRLC and prioritizing both a survivor-centered approach to work and survivor privacy. For this role, the candidate must be available to attend meetings at our VRLC Boston office at least one day a week and more frequently as needed during busy periods of a campaign or events.
To apply send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with both your last name and “Development” as the subject of your email. No phone calls please.