POSITION: Economic Fairness Project Coordinator
DAYS/HOURS: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
REPORTS TO: Project Staff Attorney
DEPARTMENT: Employment and Consumer Law
LOCATION: Volunteer Lawyers Project, 7 Winthrop Square, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02110
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This is a temporary grant funded position for a full-time Project Coordinator to assist a VLP staff attorney and VLP volunteers at the Wage Theft Clinic and Small Claims Debt Collection clinics. The grant goes through November, 2019. The Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association is a private nonprofit organization that provides legal representation in civil matters to low-income people in greater Boston primarily through the pro bono services of private attorneys.
– Facility with technology including Microsoft Office programs, database and web content management systems.
– Prior work with organization serving low-income clients.
– Fluency in second language
– Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
– Excellent administrative and organizational skills. Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
– Ability to work independently and to coordinate efforts with colleagues
– Ability to travel to Greater Boston District Court locations on public transportation or by car.
– Reliability, good judgment, and flexibility.
– Ability to write clearly and concisely.
– Commitment to access to justice for all.
– Prior experience in legal services or law office.
– Prior experience with project coordinating or managing.
– Heavy use of computer
– Ability to communicate in person, by telephone and by computer
– Ability to travel for trainings
– Strong organizational skills
– Ability to meet deadlines
– Ability to work independently
– Ability to learn and use case management systems.
– Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and with staff at outside organizations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
– Coordinate, take notes and run weekly Project staff meetings.
– Help keep track of project deliverables.
– Create training manuals and other materials.
– Keep project files organized.
– Assist with project reports.
– Attend weekly clinics at courts and the Wage Theft Clinic
– Conduct intakes of new clients at the clinics.
– Open new cases in database and maintain office databases; perform regular reports and data reviews.
– Attend trainings as needed for professional development.
– Schedule trainings for volunteer attorneys.
SUPERVISION TO BE EXERCISED (number of direct reports): 1-3 interns
SUPERVISION TO BE RECEIVED (indicates nature of supervision to be exercised over this position in terms of types of guidance and control and instructions given). Weekly meeting with Project staff.
Please submit resume and cover letter here by October 12, 2018.
Volunteer Lawyers Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer