Community Legal Aid (CLA) is the non-profit legal services program providing free civil legal assistance to eligible low-income and elderly clients in Central and Western Massachusetts. CLA has over 140 dedicated, talented staff working across multiple offices. Our core work includes effective client-centered advocacy and robust outreach to and partnerships with our client communities.
CLA seeks a Fair Housing Testing Coordinator to join an enthusiastic, skillful team working on housing discrimination issues. The position is based in CLA’s Worcester office and is funded by a fair housing grant from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The Coordinator will conduct community outreach to provide information about fair housing rights; recruit fair housing testers; design and conduct tester trainings; design systemic and complaint-based tests; and analyze test reports. The Coordinator will work closely with the City of Worcester’s fair housing intake worker and will also maintain detailed case records and assist with grant-writing and reporting. The Coordinator must be available to work outside normal business hours to conduct outreach and to debrief testers.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Proficiency in word processing, data entry, Excel, and internet research required.
- Experience in volunteer coordination or housing advocacy preferred.
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and strategize, plan and implement programmatic initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in detailed and thorough record-keeping for reporting to government and other entities.
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills; proven effectiveness with facilitation and training for varied audiences.
- Experience working effectively and respectfully with individuals from diverse backgrounds and dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Ability to work independently and to support team efforts.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Alicia Vaughan, Human Resources Director, Community Legal Aid, 405 Main Street, Worcester, MA 01608. CLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to ensure that our staff members reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. CLA encourages applicants from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
Posted: April 2, 2022