The National Consumer Law Center is seeking a Finance Manager in our Boston headquarters office. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Finance Manager, a new position for our growing organization, is responsible for general ledger management, day-to-day financial tasks, and preliminary monthly accounting cycle closing. The work will include account reconciliation, cash receipts and accounts payable processing oversight as well as depreciation, accrual, and investment accounting. The position also plays a key role in tracking funding sources including preparing budgets and reports and recording restricted net asset releases. It supervises the accounting staff and reviews their work. This is a full time position.
Founded in 1969, the National Consumer Law Center® (NCLC) is a nonprofit, public interest advocacy organization that seeks to build economic security and family wealth for low-income and other economically disadvantaged Americans. NCLC is a leading source of legal and public policy expertise on consumer issues for lawyers, federal and state policymakers, consumer advocates, journalists, and front-line service providers. For more information, please see our website at www.nclc.org.
● Maintain financial record keeping and reporting systems.
● Supervise payroll, billing, receivables, payables, cash receipts, cash disbursements, bank and investment account reconciliation, and general ledger functions.
● Produce financial statements including balance sheet, profit/loss statements, and accumulative general ledger using a computer-based accounting system.
● Prepare monthly closing general ledger entries and ensure that all general ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary records on a monthly basis.
● Oversee filing of financial forms including tax, state solicitation and other compliance reports.
● Oversee, in conjunction with independent auditor, preparation of annual audit.
● Hire, train and manage financial staff.
● Work with program and development staff to develop internal budgets and budgets for external funding sources
● BS/BA in accounting or a related field
● Minimum of 7 years of experience in accounting, preferably in a non-profit environment
● At least 2 years of supervisory experience
● Advanced spreadsheet experience
● High degree of knowledge regarding payroll and accounting software
● Strong attention to detail
● Solid written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to pay attention to detail and maintain confidentiality
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Demonstrated commitment to working on behalf of disadvantaged individuals and communities
To apply, please complete the online application and email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, Subject Line: Finance Manager. No phone calls, please. Online application: https://forms.gle/HcKgErbhq4kTckB96
Position open until filled but applications are encouraged by March 29th, 2021
NCLC Operations during the COVID 19 Pandemic:
While the majority of NCLC’s staff are currently working remotely, a skeleton crew of Finance and Operations staff have been working in our Boston office to ensure the organization continues to operate successfully. We are planning for this position to be in the office 2-3 days per week until we have resumed regular business operations. We expect this arrangement to continue through at least the end of June 2021. Strict social distancing and sanitation guidelines are in place, and the person in this role will have a private office.
Salary and benefits: $80-95,0000 annual starting salary, commensurate with experience. NCLC offers an outstanding benefits package that includes employer paid medical, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as pre-tax savings plans, a retirement savings opportunity, and generous paid time off including holidays, sick time, personal time, parental leave, and 4 weeks of vacation per year.
The National Consumer Law Center is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors