Title: Finance Manager, Victim Rights Law Center
Status: Full-time (40 hours/week), Exempt
Location: Boston, MA / Remote Flexible
Reports To: Finance Director
The VRLC is a nonprofit law firm that provides free legal representation to victims of rape and sexual assault in Oregon and throughout Massachusetts. We also provide national training, support, and resources for lawyers, advocates, campus personnel, medical professionals, and other first responders on the civil legal needs of rape and sexual assault survivors. The VRLC’s mission is to provide legal representation to victims of rape and sexual assault to help rebuild their lives, and to promote a national movement committed to seeking justice for every rape and sexual assault victim. To be considered, applicants must support the VRLC’s mission statement, philosophy, and our commitment to improving the legal response to sexual violence, to providing trauma-informed, survivor-centered services, and to pursuing justice through an anti-oppression lens.
Do you have a passion for numbers and a desire to contribute to an organization at the forefront of the national sexual violence movement? The Victim Rights Law Center (VRLC) Boston, MA office has an exciting opportunity for an experienced finance professional to use their expertise for a critical purpose, manage our day-to-day accounting operations, provide financial insights to our leadership team and stakeholders, and support our passionate team of 40 nationwide employees. The Finance Manager is an individual contributor with an opportunity to grow and foster their team as the VRLC evolves.
The ideal candidate will have significant nonprofit accounting experience, a strong eye for detail, and interpersonal communication skills; a collaborative, action-oriented, and autonomous self-starter that is flexible and agile; passionate and compassionate; creative and innovative; and a good sense of humor.
- Manage accounts payables and receivable processes, including reconciliation, journal entries, reconcile bank accounts, cash receipts, and manage credit cards reconciliation; manage the monthly close process
- Oversee accurate and timely semi-monthly payroll processing, monitor employer benefit enrollments/contributions, PTO tracking and related vendor management.
- Oversee and manage state and federal grant billings, including billing backup, reporting and compliance
- Collaborate with executive leadership on grant budgeting, tracking, and reporting to funders and stakeholders
- Provide excellent reporting and reimbursement support to staff
- Manage the annual audit process; work with external auditors to prepare and review audit schedules and annual report of audit findings
- Assist Finance Director with budget preparation and modifications as needed
- Collaborate with People and Culture Manager to support human resources finance-related onboarding and offboarding functions
- Maintain all finance and accounting files
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 years hands-on nonprofit accounting and bookkeeping experience, including accounting for state and federal grants
- Proficiency in using QuickBooks or other accounting analysis/management software
- Intermediate to advance skill level in Excel
Salary Range: $70,000-$80,000
BENEFITS: The VRLC provides excellent benefits, including health and dental insurance, long & short-term disability insurance, generous vacation, paid holiday, personal and sick leave, 403b plan with employer match, free monthly subway/bus pass, and a caring and innovative work environment.
TO APPLY: Send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with both your last name and “Finance Manager” as the subject of your email. Please indicate where you saw this posting in your application. No phone calls please.
Applications that do not contain all required items will not be considered. No phone calls, please.