Full-Time Immigration Attorney – Children’s Law Center of Massachusetts
The Children’s Law Center of Massachusetts (CLCM) is seeking a full-time staff attorney to provide immigration legal assistance and related advocacy services to indigent children and youth, primarily in northeast Massachusetts and Greater Boston.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Founded in 1977 and based in Lynn, MA the CLCM is a legal advocacy and resource center that provides a range of services to children, from newborns to 22 years, in education, child welfare, immigration, mental health and related substantive areas. It seeks to ensure access to justice and maximize opportunity for its clients, many of whom are victims of trauma, are homeless, and/or suffer the effects of poverty.
Our immigration advocacy focuses primarily on special immigrant juvenile, asylum, DACA, U-Visas and related relief for children. The attorney will be expected to partner on all aspects of our agency’s immigration advocacy with our current immigration counsel and other CLCM staff. The position is based in Lynn, MA and calls for 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Due to the pandemic, staff is expected to work remotely and/or on a hybrid basis, subject to change depending on public health dictates.
- Engage in a range of legal advocacy measures with the CLCM’s existing immigration counsel in service to immigrant children
- Provide legal advice and counsel on immigration issues to CLCM clients
- Provide legal representation in immigration matters before USCIS, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, EOIR, and state Juvenile and Probate & Family Courts
- Train, mentor, and supervise interns and students working on immigration and related matters
- Participate in community outreach events and know-your-rights trainings
- Maintain and establish relationships with community partners and immigration service providers
- Assist agency staff on immigration-related intakes and brief service matters
- Otherwise assist agency staff counsel as deemed necessary to further the CLCM’s mission.
- J.D. or LLM degree with admission to the Massachusetts state bar.
- One to three years of experience in immigration law.
- Commitment to serving low-income populations and communities of color.
- Ability to speak fluent Spanish.
- Experience representing low-income individuals and people from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Team player with an ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
HOURS & SALARY
The position is 40 hours weekly. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Applicants should submit 1) a cover letter addressing experience and interests relevant to the position, and 2) a resume, by e-mail to Jacklyn Gurany @ email@example.com or mail to Children’s Law Center of Massachusetts, PO Box 710, 2 State Street, 2nd Flr., Lynn, MA 01903. No phone calls please.
Applications accepted until position is filled. For more information about CLCM refer to our website: www.clcm.org.
CLCM is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workplace and encourages all applicants, regardless of age, race, national origin, religion, gender, disability or sexual orientation to apply