Grants and Contracts Coordinator, Administration Unit (Full-time Permanent) – GBLS
Greater Boston Legal Services (GBLS) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Accessible Employer and strives to ensure that our staff members reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Greater Boston Legal Services is a social and economic justice-driven organization dedicated to ensuring that all residents of the Greater Boston area are able to meet their basic needs for safety, shelter, and stability. GBLS uses the law to positively change the lives of thousands of low-income clients and their families annually, and to achieve groundbreaking outcomes that challenge the systems that keep people in poverty.
Position: The Grants & Contracts Coordinator provides administrative, financial, and compliance-related support to GBLS’ Development and Finance departments in partnership. They will assist in the day-to-day work of project/program-related grants and contracts processes in coordination with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief Development Officer (CDO), and their respective teams. The successful candidate will create financial and programmatic reports for private and public funders and liaise with institutional supporters on behalf of GBLS to ensure payments are collected and that GBLS is in compliance with contract requirements. The ideal candidate for this role is someone with nonprofit revenue accounting knowledge, grant reporting experience, and who approaches their work with thoughtfulness, a keen eye for detail, and a robust customer service spirit.
- Contribute to the management of the entire award cycle for a portfolio of grants and contracts, including review of award letters, execution, monitoring, communication with supervisors and funded staff, reporting and invoicing, and closeout.
- In coordination with the Development and Finance teams, the Grants & Contracts Coordinator will complete quarterly, monthly, and annual grant reports related to compliance with private and government awards.
- Help ensure the implementation of grant-funded program activities to ensure all grant outcomes are achieved, including helping to identify issues and risks related to grant/contract activity implementation.
- Ensure full compliance with funders’, federal and state government policies, best practices, and procedures relating to contracts and grant development, awards, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and grant and contract close-out.
- Assist with a broad range of day-to-day grants and contract administrative tasks for the CDO and CFO.
- Assist in the development and periodic review of grant policy manuals as required.
- Support the CFO and Finance team with foundations/grant accounting, contract invoicing, and accounts reconciliation related to grants.
- Prepare grant billings (including necessary back up materials), reconcile and monitor receivables and pursue unpaid billings.
- Draft and monitor grant budgets for foundation and corporate awards.
- Support the CDO and Development team with maintaining and executing a portfolio of grant reports, including narrative and data reports.
- Work with program staff and in GBLS’ case management database to gather and monitor grant deliverables.
- Provide exceptional customer service to funding partners and internal staff through on-going communication and support.
- Along with other team members, provide coverage during team transitions or leaves.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated mastery of Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Prior experience with databases and/or financial systems strongly preferred.
- Experience and comfort with financial calculations and budgets required. Prior programmatic experience with grant reporting preferred.
- Experience in a nonprofit finance or development setting strongly preferred.
- Exhibits strong independent judgement.
- Highly organized, focused, and detail oriented.
- Highly motivated and capable of working independently as well as within a team setting.
- Ability to take direction and seek support from different individuals within and across teams.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with shifting priorities in a busy professional environment.
- Sensitive to working with confidential individual and/or organizational information.
- Confidence and patience coordinating and supporting tasks and small projects.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to working with individuals from different cultures.
- Appreciation for a dynamic workplace and a diverse team culture that values inclusivity, transparency, authenticity, flexibility and humor.
The Grants & Contracts Coordinator is supervised by the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and receives additional direction and support from the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
GBLS’ office is centrally located in Boston, near North Station. GBLS operates in a hybrid work environment where most staff are in the office a minimum of two to three days per week and work from home for the remaining days. This arrangement is subject to change based on operational needs.
All GBLS employees are required to be fully up to date on all vaccinations against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption has been requested and a reasonable accommodation approved.
Salary & Benefits:
- Annual Salary Range: $58,000 – $64,000
- Generous paid time off policy
- Robust benefits package, including 98% employer-paid medical coverage, 403b retirement account, etc.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and brief writing sample to the Human Resources Team, via e-mail at email@example.com. Please refer to Job Code: ADMIN when applying for this position. Deadline for applications is April 30, 2023 or until the position is filled.
GBLS encourages applicants from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.