The Center for Public Representation is seeking to hire a Human Resources/Administrative Manager based in its Northampton, MA office.
CPR is a non-profit, public interest legal organization dedicated to protecting and enforcing the civil rights of persons with disabilities. CPR uses legal strategies, including systemic reform litigation, and policy advocacy to promote the integration and full community participation of persons with disabilities. Working on state, national, and international levels, CPR is committed to equality, diversity, and social justice in all its activities. For more information about CPR and its work, visit www.centerforpublicrep.org.
The Human Resources/Administrative Manager will report to the Executive Director and will be responsible for managing day-to-day human resources operations of the Center including benefits, employee relations, labor law compliance, recruitment, onboarding and maintenance of personnel policies. The Human Resources/Administrative Manager serves as a resource for staff, management and the Board regarding human resources matters. The Human Resources/Administrative Manager will be responsible for administrative and operations support to the Executive Director and managing the day-to-day personnel operations of CPR. The Human Resources/Administrative Manager also will be responsible for overseeing and supervising CPR’s communications work, and, in conjunction with the Executive Director, be responsible for overseeing grant writing and reporting.
• Maintain open communications with CPR staff, management and Board of Directors regrading personnel and human resources matters
• Manage the administration of employee benefit plans including health, 403b retirement, life/disability insurance, cafeteria plans and supplemental benefit plans
• Serve as primary point of contact for benefit vendors and benefit brokers
• Respond to employees’ benefit questions and needs; communicate with benefit vendors to trouble-shoot employee benefit problems
• Evaluate benefit service providers and plan designs; make recommendations to the Management Committee
• Manage benefit renewals and open enrollment
• Work with the Fiscal Director to ensure that employee benefit changes are reflected in the payroll
• Reconcile and approve all invoices related to benefits
• Coordinate the salary benchmarking study process; maintain all salary scales and records
• Coordinate the hiring process in collaboration with managers and hiring committees
• Write job descriptions and be responsible for job advertising strategies
• Provide resources and guidance to managers regarding personnel behavior, performance issues
• Conduct internal investigations in a timely way
• Provide guidance on compensation for new employees
• Conduct exit interviews
• Maintain and update personnel policies and procedures in collaboration with the Management Committee
• Ensure that CPR policies and procedures are in compliance with federal and local regulations
• Stay abreast of changes to regulations that impact CPR’s personnel management and operations
• Research funding opportunities for new and existing initiatives
• Draft funding/grant applications and proposals
• Draft grant reports and updates to funders
• Assist the Executive Director in the preparation and submission of reports and other information to the Board of Directors, staff, donors and other supporters, and others both internal and external to CPR
• Oversee the purchase, leasing and maintenance of office equipment, furniture, technology-related subscriptions and contracts, and office supplies
• Organize and maintain files of CPR written materials
• Perform other tasks and ongoing duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director
• Provide support to the Fiscal Director including dealing with vendor billing issues, receiving, logging and depositing checks; and reviewing invoices for accuracy and payment
• Coordinate board and staff meeting logistics (scheduling, reserving space and ordering food)
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Five years management experience desirable
• Excellent communication skills
• Well-developed writing skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail; highly organized
• Excellent day-to-day organizational skills, including the ability to assess and prioritize work assignments and move multiple assignments forward simultaneously
• Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively
• Creativity and well-developed problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of and proficiency with social media platforms
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well Adobe Acrobat and other commonly used office software
• Personal commitment to racial and economic equity
Salary and Benefits
CPR offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. CPR employees have access to an excellent benefits package, including health insurance; disability insurance; paid time off, including vacation, sick, and personal days, and retreat time; flexible spending account; and a 403(b) retirement plan.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Human Resources/Administrative Manager” in the subject line. The deadline for applications is September 30, 2021. CPR is unable to respond individually to each applicant but will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
CPR is an equal opportunity employer. CPR does not discriminate against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, including breastfeeding, or any other legally protected status.
CPR encourages qualified candidates of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
People with disabilities and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. CPR is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of your disability for any part of the application process, please contact is email@example.com. and state the nature of your request and contact information. Disability-related information that is disclosed via the application process will be kept confidential