Visit www.masslegalhelp.org for legal information and self-help materials about your issue.
The Central Technology Project seeks to standardize technology for MLAC- and LSC-funded legal aid organizations in Massachusetts, helping program staff deliver legal services to low-income clients effectively and efficiently.
Statewide investment in technology began about 10 years ago. In 2004, members of the Technology Committee began developing and implementing LegalFiles, a robust system-wide case management program. Tobey Johnson, the current director of information technology, joined MLAC in 2013.
• Providing user support and training and managing the Help Desk for all legal services staff in Massachusetts
• Overseeing the central technology system and software, including Voice over IP (VoIP), CITRIX, Microsoft Outlook, LegalFiles, and wide area network (WAN)
• Data collection and reporting for all funders
• Tobey Johnson, Director of Information Technology
• Patricia Shaughnessy, Support and Training Specialist
• Jacqueline Sullivan, Technology Support Analyst
For more information on the Central Technology Project, contact Tobey Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Central Technology Project Staff recommends the following organizations: