Intake Worker – MWLS
The mission of MetroWest Legal Services is to provide legal advocacy to protect and advance the rights of the poor, elderly, disabled and other disenfranchised people in our service area and to assist them in obtaining legal, social and economic justice. MWLS is an exciting workplace with dedicated social justice advocates—join us!
- conduct legal intake;
- answer and direct incoming calls;
- greet clients;
- provide oral interpretation and written translation for legal advocates; and
- perform other general clerical duties.
- Fluency in Portuguese required;
- Proven interest in and commitment to advocacy for the legal rights of low-income and other vulnerable populations;
- Good customer service, telephone and reception skills;
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with staff, clients, members of the bar, and the local community;
- Good word processing, spreadsheet and database entry skills; and
- Prior experience providing interpretation for Portuguese-speaking clients.
Salary/Benefits: Salary is based on a union scale with a starting wage of $40,000. Benefits package include generous PTO leave, 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, employer match on retirement contributions, and professional development opportunities.
To Apply: Candidates should submit a cover letter addressing your interest and experience in poverty/public interest law, resume, and brief writing sample via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
MWLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to ensure that our staff members reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. MWLS encourages applicants from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.