Lawyers Clearinghouse is a vibrant organization that leverages partnerships with law firms, in-house legal departments, and nonprofits to provide millions of dollars of pro bono legal services annually to low-income people.
Lawyers Clearinghouse strives to ensure that our leadership and staff members reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and encourages applicants with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences to apply.
The Legal Clinic Manager will oversee the Massachusetts Legal Clinic for the Homeless and CORI Clinic programs, which facilitate the delivery of pro bono legal services to homeless people at Boston-area shelter locations and assists low-income people to seal their criminal records.
– Manage the Legal Clinic and CORI Clinic programs.
– Work closely with law firms and in-house legal departments to recruit private attorneys to participate.
– Provide volunteers with training and support.
– Maintain program databases and provide timely reporting on activities and outcomes.
– Assist in formulating programmatic and strategic pro bono goals and objectives.
– Licensed to practice law in Massachusetts.
– Commitment to legal services for low-income people.
– Experience practicing in a poverty law area, such as housing, is preferred.
– Experience supervising, training, and mentoring volunteers.
– Strong familiarity of private law firm and corporate pro bono culture.
– Excellent project management and communication skills.
– Ability to work independently and creatively, and as a member of a team.
– Flexibility and sense of humor.
– Bilingual preferred.
This is a full-time position and salary is commensurate with experience. Lawyers Clearinghouse offers a generous benefits package including health and dental, disability, and retirement contributions.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Maribeth Perry at email@example.com. Lawyers Clearinghouse is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage women, individuals with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, people of color, and people who speak English as a second language, and others who would enrich the diversity of our organization to apply.
The deadline for applications is March 31, 2020.