Lawyers Clearinghouse is seeking a Legal Clinic Manager. The Legal Clinic Manager will oversee the Massachusetts Legal Clinic for the Homeless program, which facilitates the delivery of pro bono legal services to homeless and very low-income people at Boston-area shelter locations. This is a full-time position with generous benefits.
The mission of the Lawyers Clearinghouse is to improve the lives of people facing social and economic hardship by engaging the legal community in pro bono service to nonprofit organizations and their homeless and low-income clients. We are a small, vibrant pro bono legal services organization located in downtown Boston.
The Legal Clinic Manager will oversee and manage the legal clinic program; work closely with law firms and in-house legal departments to recruit private attorneys to participate; ensure that volunteers have needed training and support; and assist in formulating programmatic and strategic pro bono goals and objectives.
• Licensed to practice law in Massachusetts.
• Commitment to legal services for low-income people.
• Experience practicing in a poverty law area, such as housing, is preferred.
• Experience supervising, training, and mentoring volunteers.
• Strong familiarity of private law firm and corporate pro bono culture.
• Excellent project management and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and creatively, and as a member of a team.
• Flexibility and sense of humor.
• Bilingual preferred.
Lawyers Clearinghouse is committed to assembling a diverse staff. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Maribeth Perry, Executive Director of the Lawyers Clearinghouse, at firstname.lastname@example.org.