Greater Boston Legal Services (GBLS) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Accessible Employer and strives to ensure that our staff members reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
GBLS seeks a qualified candidate to immediately fill the position of Office Administrator whose primary responsibility will be to oversee all non-legal administrative functions at the Cambridge and Somerville Legal Services (CASLS) office and to assist with intake. CASLS is a small supportive neighborhood office with a strong track record of success in the low income and immigrant communities we serve.
The Office Administrator will be responsible for performing a wide variety of administrative work in support of staff members and the smooth functioning of the CASLS neighborhood office. This work includes but is not limited to:
- greeting, screening and referring potential clients (callers and walk-ins);
- conducting client intakes;
- supervising and training volunteer senior aide receptionists (when available);
- conducting orientations and training student interns, volunteers, and any new staff on office procedures;
- utilizing GBLS’ case management data base in order to enter case data, assist in preparing grant reports, act as liaison with funders, and conduct conflict checks;
- scheduling interpreters for staff, as well as interpreting and translating as reasonably available;
- preparing and/or organizing case related documents and closing and filing cases
- ordering and organizing office supplies;
- maintaining and reporting on petty cash, cash receipts, T passes and preparing time sheets;
- ensuring the smooth functioning of office equipment and delivery of office services;
- assisting staff with technology and equipment issues; and
- performing related duties as described in the Office Administrator job description.
A strong candidate will have:
- fluency in a language, in addition to English, spoken by CASLS clients (such as Spanish, Haitian Creole, Portuguese, and Amharic);
- excellent computer and office systems skills, including documented proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Microsoft Office 365, Word, Excel and Outlook;
- the ability to take independent initiative and also to work collaboratively as part of a team;
- the ability to maintain confidentiality;
- strong organizational and customer service skills;
- the ability to prioritize and work well under stress;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- some experience working in an office environment; and
- a positive approach and commitment to continuous learning of new technologies.
There is no minimum experience level required. Salary is based on a union scale with annual raises. Under the current contract, someone with 0-10 years of experience would earn between $38,500 and $47,500 per year, with an additional $950 annual payment for fluency in a language other than English. Education may be a substitute for years of experience. (Note that the contract is presently under negotiation). GBLS offers a generous benefits package including low cost comprehensive health insurance, retirement contribution, paid time off, and ongoing professional development opportunities. GBLS currently has a hybrid model for all staff.
Interested candidates should submit letter of interest and resume to the GBLS Human Resources Team via email to email@example.com. Please refer to Job Code: CASLS-OA when applying for this position. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but applicants are encouraged to submit applications by June 16, 2022.
GBLS values diversity and encourages applicants from a broad range
of backgrounds and experiences.