The National Consumer Law Center is seeking an Operations Manager in our Boston headquarters office. The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the administration staff, technology inventory, providing input on technology projects, providing technical support to staff and supporting special operations projects. This is a full time position. Founded in 1969, the National Consumer Law Center® (NCLC) is a nonprofit, public interest advocacy organization that seeks to build economic security and family wealth for low-income and other economically disadvantaged Americans. NCLC is a leading source of legal and public policy expertise on consumer issues for lawyers, federal and state policymakers, consumer advocates, journalists, and front-line service providers. For more information, please see our website at www.nclc.org.
● Hire, train, and manage administrative staff
● Manage administrative workflows and the assignment of projects to a team of 3-4 administrative support staff
● Promote a diverse, inclusive, and equal opportunity work environment
● Support special projects, based on needs of organization and individual skill set and interest, and provide general support of the NCLC mission in whatever way possible
Facilities and IT Management:
● Assist Director of Operations and IT in software inventory management and maintenance of, use, and implementation of organization-wide information systems and platforms
● Identifies, diagnoses and resolves equipment issues in a timely manner
● Serve as backup to the Google account administrator to manage end-user accounts, groups and site services
● Respond to helpdesk inquiries and effectively communicate technical information to non-tech oriented colleagues
● Oversee building access card and intercom systems to ensure optimum functionality and efficiency
● Communicate effectively with outside vendors
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
● At least 3 years of operational management
● Experience supervising administrative staff
● Experience providing technical and office support to a variety of colleagues.
● Advanced experience and knowledge of MS office applications, Google Workspace, Adobe applications, CMS. General experience with HTML
● General understanding of office network structure
● Outstanding ability to learn new applications and technologies
● Self motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Dependability and a positive attitude
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Demonstrated commitment to working on behalf of disadvantaged individuals and communities.
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
To apply, please complete the online application and email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject Line: Operations Manager. No phone calls, please. Online application: https://forms.gle/HcKgErbhq4kTckB96
Position open until filled but applications are encouraged by March 29th, 2021
NCLC Operations during the COVID 19 Pandemic:
While the majority of NCLC’s staff are currently working remotely, a skeleton crew of Finance and Operations staff have been working in our Boston office to ensure the organization continues to operate successfully. We are planning for this position to be in the office 2-3 days per week until we have resumed regular business operations. We expect this arrangement to continue through at least the end of June 2021. Strict social distancing and sanitation guidelines are in place, and the person in this role will have a private office.
Salary and benefits: $65-80,0000 annual starting salary, commensurate with experience. NCLC offers an outstanding benefits package that includes employer paid medical, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as pre-tax savings plans, a retirement savings opportunity, and generous paid time off including holidays, sick time, personal time, parental leave, and 4 weeks of vacation per year.
The National Consumer Law Center is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors.