De Novo, a community-based organization that provides integrated legal, mental health, and social support services to empower our clients to achieve their goals seeks a full-time immigration attorney.
– Oversee De Novo’s “Immigration Asylum Intake Project” which is designed to increase screenings and legal consultations, and expand capacity to place cases with De Novo pro bono attorneys.
– Provide legal advice and counsel to clients on immigration issues.
– Provide legal representation in immigration matters before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the Immigration Court.
– Train, mentor, and supervise volunteer attorneys and students.
– Participate in community outreach events and Know Your Rights trainings.
– Maintain and establish relationships with community partners.
– Participate in work that addresses larger issues faced by the client community, including working with other legal services offices and community-based agencies on systemic problems and advocacy efforts that impact clients.
– Make referrals for clients as appropriate to counseling staff for safety planning, case management, therapy, and other services.
– J.D. or LLM degree with admission to bar in any state.
– Four or more years of experience in immigration law.
– Commitment to serving low-income populations and communities of color.
– Experience representing low-income individuals and people from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
– Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
– Team player with an ability to multitask in a fast pace environment.
– Ability to supervise effectively.
– Strong computer skills.
– Bilingual-Spanish required.
HOURS, SALARY, AND BENEFITS: The position is 35 hours/week. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Applicants should submit 1) a cover letter addressing experience and interests relevant to the position, 2) writing sample and 3) a resume, by e-mail to John Froio, Deputy Director, at email@example.com. No phone calls please. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be considered on a rolling basis. For more information about De Novo refer to our website: www.denovo.org
De Novo is a Fair Employment Practices/Equal Employment Opportunity/disability accessible employer committed to maintaining a diverse workplace. Qualified candidates from diverse personal, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.