De Novo is a dynamic values-driven agency that provides affordable mental health counseling and free legal services for low-income people throughout the Greater Boston area. De Novo strives to create a diverse, equitable, inclusive and safe work environment that welcomes, encourages, and values everyone’s contributions, and fosters an exchange of ideas and mutual learning.
De Novo seeks a Volunteer and Communications Coordinator who will report to the Executive and Deputy Directors.
Oversee De Novo’s Volunteer Program comprised of over 100 volunteer legal, counseling and administrative professionals annually, including:
- Steward and facilitate relationships between staff and volunteers; support staff members in their work with volunteers.
- Survey staff regularly to assess needs for volunteer assistance.
- Recruit volunteers to meet organizational needs.
- Maintain policies and standards of volunteer service.
- Introduce and train staff and volunteers on De Novo’s volunteer model.
- Work with the management team and development director to organize volunteer recognition events.
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation.
- Recruit and supervise volunteers to support your role as Volunteer and Communications Coordinator.
Outreach and Training:
- Develop and coordinate organizational and program-specific outreach activities.
- Collaborate with management team to promote De Novo’s training and capacity building expertise.
- Assist in preparing training and presentations materials.
- Collect data and keep monthly records of training and outreach.
- Develop and implement a communications plan for volunteers.
- Create written content for website, social media and print publications.
- Provide support for organizational communications as needed.
- BA/BS with 3 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff and volunteers.
- Ability to manage a wide range of tasks and responsibilities.
HOURS, SALARY, AND BENEFITS: The position is 35 hours/week. salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes health insurance, vacation, personal, and sick time.
To Apply: Email a cover letter addressing your interest and experience and resume to John Froio, Deputy Director at email@example.com. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
De Novo is a Fair Employment Practices/Equal Employment Opportunity/disability accessible employer committed to maintaining a diverse workplace. Qualified candidates from diverse personal, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.